I have gotten so far behind with blog posts that I seem to be skipping around a bunch, but better late than never I guess. I have not mentioned (intentionally, for many reasons) that Brian was overseas during the months of December and January. To say we all missed each other a lot while he was gone is definitely an understatement! This was his first time being away from the babies for an extended period of time, and it was not easy for either of us. Fortunately, we were able to Skype frequently and I had a LOT of help from my mom and mother-in-law while he was away. Before Brian left, we had an early Christmas with the kids at home in Jacksonville.
Jackson and Sofie both got new hats, gloves, and coats for the winter months, but mainly for our trip to KS/NE for the holidays. Here they are in the Sunshine State trying out their new winter gear. As you can see, Sofie is a bit confused by the whole get-up.
Opening a few gifts...
As always, the new books were Jackson's favorite!
Playing with one of their early Christmas gifts:
Jackson showing off their new rocking horse from Grammy and Pappy:
Here is Brian trying to pack Sofie in one of his travel bags. She looks ready for the trip half-way around the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment