Sunday, February 13, 2011

10-11 Months


Obviously, I missed posting at the 10 month mark, so this post will have to be a recap of the last two months.  Months 10 & 11 have been a whirlwind with Christmas, travels, illness, and Brian being gone. Add in the fact that we now have two very mobile and curious babies and it’s no wonder I’ve fallen behind with keeping this blog updated!

Both Sofie and Jackson are crawling everywhere, pulling up on everything, and cruising around on anything they can hold on to. I absolutely LOVE this age! They are so interactive and their little personalities are blossoming. Every day they do something new and find new ways to make us laugh. They are such happy babies and I can’t believe that they will soon be entering toddlerhood. What happened to my little babies???  I know I say this all the time, but they are growing up WAY too fast.

Both babies…
-Say mama, dada, doggie, duck, and no-no.
-Have recently started to point at everything, especially pictures in books, and mumble some jibberish.
-Dance (they sway from side to side or bob up and down) when they hear fun music or if you ask them to dance.
-Love to look at our dog, Boo, point at him and say “doggie” (which usually comes out something like “doddie” or dawdaw).
-Will hand you an object and “share” if you ask them for it and hold out your hand (but they fully expect for you to give the object right back).
-Will put their hand on their head if you ask them where there head is.
-Put both arms up for “So Big.”
-Clap when they see others clapping or if you ask them to “clap.”
-Clearly have a favorite food… avocado!
-Take 2 naps a day.
-Have each started sleeping with 2 “blankies.” Jackson especially loves to snuggle with his while he sleeps.
-Love to climb the stairs when we let them.
-Love to play what I have started calling the “No No Game.” Well, it isn’t really a game, but Sofie and Jackson seem to think it’s a funny little game! Here's how it works… One twin goes over to something they know they are not supposed to play with (like the fireplace doors) looks at me, sometimes smiles, starts pounding on it, and says "no no no no no..." while the other twin points at them and joins in with the no no chant.  I go over to the baby who is playing with or touching something that they aren’t supposed to touch, give their hand a little pinch, say “No no,” and remove them from the object.  While I am removing twin #1, twin #2 crawls over to the off-limits item and proceeds to do the same. They seem to get a kick out of this. Clearly our discipline plan is not working!  Haha :)
-Both had a little rashy reaction when I gave them baby yogurt for the first time about a month ago.  We knew they both had some dairy sensitivities (which is why I have cut most dairy foods out of my diet this past year), but got the OK from the doctor to try yogurt and see what happens. So now we are not giving them any food with dairy in it for now and will try again in a few months. Most babies outgrow this by the first year or two. For now, they are eating soy yogurt and vegan (soy-based) cheese. When they turn 1 and we start making the transition to milk, we will have to put them on a cow’s milk substitute like rice milk, soy milk, goat’s milk or Lactaid. To be determined :)

Jackson:
-Still LOVES to eat! He definitely eats more than Sofie and he will eat just about anything we give him.
-He is doing really well with finger foods.
-Goes to bed around 7 p.m., usually wakes up sometime around 5 or 6 a.m. for a feeding and diaper change (this kid really knows how to soak a diaper at night!), then usually goes back to bed until about 7 or 7:30.
-Is still obsessed with books and the vacuum.
-If Sofie is trying to play with something that he is also playing with, he tries to push her down or pull her down by pulling on her shirt. We are dealing with bullying before the age of 1, folks!
-Naps twice a day, each one is usually about 1-1.5 hours.
-Stands on his own and occasionally will even take a few steps on his own!
-Is getting 2 new teeth up top (on each side of his middle 2).

Sofie:
-Waves hi, bye bye, and night night when prompted
-Loves her veggies, but isn’t a fruit fan.
-Naps twice a day, each one is usually about 1.5-2 hours.
-Isn’t really a big fan of finger foods yet, unless it’s Cheerios (her favorite).
-Goes to bed around 7 p.m. and usually sleeps about 12 hours until 7 a.m.
-Likes to sign “more” and “all done” when she’s in her high chair, but we are still working on the meaning of these. Sometimes she will try to say “all done” while signing for “more...” Or sign for more, but then refuse to eat more :)
-If Jackson tries to take something she has, she holds the object up in the air and spins in circles, or holds it away from him and scoots away using her free hand and her tush. So cute and so funny! She is learning some defense mechanisms. Ha!
-Will grab my nose when I ask her where mommy’s nose is.
-Finally is getting her top 2 teeth!

We are so, so blessed to have Sofie and Jackson in our lives and I can’t imagine life without them! It’s amazing how much can change in just one year. One year ago at this time, I was very pregnant and finished with work.  I went about my days at a very leisurely pace (I’ll spare the lazy details!). What a 180 I’ve done… my life today couldn’t be any more different.  Of course, I wouldn’t trade it for anything! 

 Cruising around:

Sofie in another one of her funky sleeping positions:

Sofie in the tub:



Jackson in the tub:


More cruising around:

Fun with Boo:





Sofie pointing (she is pointing at the book Brown Bear, which both twins LOVE):

No comments:

Post a Comment