Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fun with food!

The past few weeks we have been experimenting with some new foods. I have been making the kids' baby food which has been kind of fun. It's actually not as much work as I thought it would be. I use my steamer/chopper and make several batches at a time, then freeze them in little containers that I pull out of the freezer each day.

Sofie wasn't a great eater at first, but she has really come around and eats just about anything we give her. Jackson has been a great eater from the start. The only thing he has showed a dislike for is peas. The first time he ate them, he made one of those faces, gagged and spit up all over his bib:
He didn't do so well that feeding, but we kept trying them and he eats peas like a champ now!

Sofie LOVED peas the first time she tried them:


One of Jackson's favorites is avocados:

The sippy cups I had been trying were too large for the babies to use right now, so I bought some beginner cups that are really working well! Sofie and Jackson LOVE to drink from them. They are still learning how to suck from a sippy cup, so they really don't get a whole lot of water, but I think they get just enough so they want to keep trying.

Just a cute pic that I snapped the other day:

Here's my big guy sitting up in the laundry basket trying to eat Sofie's clothes:

Playing in their diapers before their baths :)
 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny how much babies love laundry baskets?! I LOVE that pic of the 2 of them cuddling up - that has to be a framer!

    I noticed you had them wearing cloth bibs. We did that at first too and then noticed that their new food was staining all of them. We switched to plastic that you can just wipe off and life is much easier

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just telling Brian yesterday that we need to get out our plastic bibs - we have some, I just forgot about them! I have been using stain remover on all the bibs, but the plastic ones make much more sense :)

    ReplyDelete