Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fun in the Sun

Last weekend, we decided to finally get the babies outdoors a little. It's been so hot here all summer and I think I've only taken them on 1 or 2 walks since early June. At their age, there isn't a whole lot we can do outdoors with them when it's this hot.... except go to the pool. So, we found them some little water rafts, caked them in sunscreen, and headed to our neighborhood pool, not really knowing what to expect.

Here they are when we arrived... shades on and ready for some action!



Sofie and Jackson did great! They loved just chillin' in their rafts!



They really weren't sure what was going on at first, but after a bit they were smiling and kicking. However, I think their favorite part was trying to suck on their rafts! Everything's gotta go in the mouth!



I also took Sofie and Jackson (by myself, without Brian) to a swimming playdate the next day at a friend's house. It definitely took us longer getting out the door this time without Brian! At least there were other adults there who could help me get the twins in and out of the pool. Thank goodness for the baby rafts when you've got 2 babies :)

All in all, I think Sofie and Jackson enjoyed the water and a change of scenery (and so did their mom and dad!). We are going to try to hit the pool more often! One of our neighborhood pools stays open year-round, so we can continue to go after Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment