Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Father's Day

Happy belated Father's Day to Brian, my dad, Brian's dad, and all the other dads out there! We had a very low key Father's Day... just what we wanted! This weekend was the first weekend in well over a month that we have all been home for the weekend. Between our trip back to Kansas, our A/C breaking and staying with friends for 2 days, and all the traveling Brian has been doing, we haven't had an entire weekend at home as a family since mid-May. So, we hung out at home with the babies for Father's Day and I made Brian a big breakfast and dinner (something that doesn't happen often anymore!). Does marinating steaks and then having Brian grill them count as me cooking??? I say yes :) As I mentioned earlier, Brian's parents were visiting and left a few days before Father's Day. We enjoyed their visit and I think Sofie and Jackson enjoyed interacting with their grandparents! Here are some recent pics:

Pappy Jindra with Jackson (left) and Sofie (right)


In case you couldn't read their shirts in the last picture, it's a little more clear here. Pappy brought these for the babies!

Father's Day morning... Jackson and Sofie were bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. Brian got to sleep in (hence the bedhead). K-Staters... remember the ICAT t-shirts?!?

Grammy and Sofie having some fun.

Jackson getting a bottle from his Pappy.

Sofie says, "I'm going to K-State. Are you, Jackson?"

Jackson: "Hmmmm, let me think about that for a second..."

Jackson: "OK, I'll go, too!" Yay!!!
My mom's teacher friends, Kendra, Connie, and Judy, gave the twins these adorable Kansas State outfits. 

Best friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment