On June 2nd, Sofie and Jackson turned 3 months old. Where has the time gone? They continue to amaze us each day with how quickly they grow and change. Brian and I feel so lucky to be their parents - they truly are the light of our lives!
This past month has flown by. Brian has been on several work trips, and we really miss him while he is gone!!! However, I have managed to keep up with things and still get sleep while he has been gone. Sofie and Jackson do very well on their routine and they have been increasing their sleeping time at night... we have even gotten several nights of 9 or 10 hours of sleep this last week!!! They both smile a ton, babble and "talk" to us frequently, are finally enjoying tummy time (although Jackson enjoys it more than Sofie!), are starting to grab for things and put them in their mouths, love the parrot on their bouncy seat, still love their swings, and occasionally roll over from their tummies to their backs. On a side note, you will see that Jackson is wearing a bib in many of his pictures. He is still quite a spitter-upper after he eats. I have to keep a bib on him... he goes through a bunch of them in a day. I learned early and quickly that it is far easier to change a wet, spitty bib than a wet, spitty shirt or outfit!
In May, our good friend John, who was married to my dear friend Amber and was a firefighter back home in KC, lost his life during a search and rescue mission in a house fire. We were - and still are - heartbroken. John was truly an amazing guy and we feel privileged to have known him. John loved life. He was an amazing husband to Amber and and an incredible father to their two young kids. He has inspired both Brian and I in so many ways. His memorial service was a beautiful tribute and his family is so amazingly strong. We will always miss you and love you, John!
We quickly made plans to head back to Kansas City for John's funeral. I was nervous about flying with two young babies, but both of the twins did awesome... not a single tear or fussing on any of our 4 flights! Sofie and Jackson got to meet a lot of people on our trip, including their four cousins and Aunt Angie and Uncle Darin. It was nice to spend time with family and friends, but we wish it hadn't been under the given circumstances.
We also had a mini "trip" this past weekend to our friends' house, the Parsons. Our air conditioning started giving us trouble on Friday afternoon and it was working off and on.We had someone out to look at it on Saturday, but they couldn't get the part we needed until Monday. With record-breaking temperatures in Florida right now (I believe it was 102 in Jacksonville today!), that meant there was no way we could stay in our house with two small babies and the climbing temperature inside. We enjoyed our stay with the Parsons, but we take up a lot of space when we go anywhere, so it was nice to get the babies home to all their "stuff."
Grandpa and Grandma Jindra are visiting from Texas right now. The twins have met Grandma Jindra, but this is their first time meeting Grandpa "Pappy" Jindra. I'll post some pics from their visit soon!
Every time I create a new post, I promise myself that I will update the blog more frequently - not just monthly. I always end up with these giant blog posts and it would be so much easier to just do a little at a time :) So we will see if I keep my promise to myself and make another update before 4 months!
Here are some pictures from the past month:
Sofie all ready for her first airplane ride!
Jackson is ready, too! Thank goodness there were plenty of open seats on all of our flights and Southwest let us bring our carseats on the flights (even though we didn't pay for extra seats). It helped a ton!
Brody, Sofie, and Jackson - Brody is my sister's youngest baby and is 6 weeks older than the twins.
Nana and Papa York with all 6 of their grandkids - 4 of the 6 grandkids are twins! Left to right: Payton (age 5), Papa & Brody, Nana & Sofie, Grant (age 7, almost 8!) & Jackson, Carter (age 5).
Sofie and Jackson with their 4 cousins. Sofie is the lone girl :)
Fun in the sun - my dad and I had fun chasing the boys around the yard, too!
Thank you, Brody, for sharing all of your baby "stuff" with us while we stayed at your house in KC!
This is a pic of me with some of my sorority sisters from K-State and our kids. 12 kiddos and 7 moms! We missed our friends who couldn't make it to Camille's house that night.
This is Jamie, Jill, and I and our twins. Jamie (left) has boy/girl twins - Jett and Sloan. Jill (right) has twin boys - Ben and Sam.
Jackson loves to suck on his arms and hands during tummy time :)
Sofie on her tummy
Clowning around with daddy!
Airborne Jackson!
Sofie and daddy
They are getting chunky (Jackson is on the left and Sofie on the right).
Playing together
Jackson smiles all the time now.
Jackson is trying to support his sister here!
silly Sofie :)
holding hands
Sofie all snuggled up in her swing. She loves her pacifier!
Jackson is getting sleepy, too.
Sofie (left) and Jackson (right) showing off their rolls again!
That's all for now!















Fun pics...sLooking forward to seeing you in July.
ReplyDelete