Before the sonogram started, the tech asked me if she should reveal the sex of the babies if she was able to get some good views. She assured me that she is usually able to reveal a baby's gender at this time. I was totally not expecting to be able to find out the sex of the babies at just 13 weeks! Knowing that our next appointment wouldn't be at least for another month, I just couldn't resist knowing the genders of our babies, even if Brian wasn't there. Within less than a minute she revealed the sex of the first baby... BOY! For some reason, I was just sure that the second twin was also going to be a boy. A minute later, the tech proved me wrong. It was a GIRL! I was so thrilled, and couldn't wait to surprise our friends and family with our unexpected news. However, at the same time I was a little bummed that Brian was missing out. Lucky for him, there were many more sonograms to follow (and many more opportunities to double check that the gender of the babies was indeed correct!).
The midsection of her body didn't show up in this picture (it's amazing how ultrasound can distort things!), but she put her legs in the air for us. It's a GIRL!
Sweet Sofie with her tiny little hands resting on her legs.

No comments:
Post a Comment