Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Birthday, Brian and Happy 9 Months, Sofie & Jackson!

I'm over a week late in making this post, but better late than never. Last week we celebrated Brian's birthday. He took the week of Thanksgiving off so we all got to spend the day together.

 Jackson was up at the crack of dawn that morning, so after I fed him I let him hang out in our bed since he didn't seem too interested in going back to sleep and I wasn't too interested in getting up yet. After exploring for a bit he finally conked out next to Brian. I guess he wanted some birthday snuggles with his daddy! After Sofie woke up I plopped her down with the sleeping boys for a pic.



The day was pretty routine, but it was perfect for us. After we got back from the gym, I made us some fancy birthday sandwiches... and by fancy I mean that Brian's got a candle in it. He had to blow it out pretty quickly because as you can see, the babies were eager to get their hands on it.

After the babies took their afternoon naps, we went to get their pictures taken at JC Penney's. I wanted to get these done while I had Brian home to help me and this was our only day to do it. I just wanted some holiday/9 month pics in their matching Christmas sweaters. I thought it would be pretty easy. Wrong. It was a complete D-I-S-A-S-T-E-R for many reasons! Sofie and Jackson wouldn't sit still and wanted to crawl everywhere. Also, I usually don't put shoes on them, but I did for the pictures and they were fascinated by them. They both kept trying to play with them and take them off. It was beyond hot in the portrait studio, too. I think they were really uncomfortable in sweaters. In my opinion, the photographer was not very good at working with babies, either. When it got to the point of near-meltdown for both babies, we got them out of their sweaters and decided to call it quits. We didn't get a single picture that was even close to being good. Oh well, lesson learned! I guess you get what you pay for and I'll remember that for Sofie and Jackson's 12 month pics. The whole experience was pretty comical!

We were going to go out to dinner after the pictures, but both of them were really crabby and Sofie screamed her head off in the car. We decided that taking both of them into a restaurant was out of the question at that point. So we got take-out and had dinner at home, followed by Brian's favorite cake... Texas sheet cake.




The next day, I decided I'd try to get some pics of them in our backyard. These pictures aren't spectacular, but they are WAY better than our first try in the studio!

We have a harder time trying to get Sofie to look at the camera and smile for it. Can you tell?

We got a little smile out of both of them, but Sofie is starting to fall backwards.

She's done and Jackson's off to try and eat some grass.

Take two.





Such a serious face!



And they've both checked out!

Today Sofie and Jackson turned 9 months old! Unbelievable! They are busy and on-the-go these days. I love this stage... it is SO much fun now that they are both so curious and interactive. They have their 9 month check-up next week, so I'll post more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment