Sunday, October 3, 2010

Food, Food, and More Food

As I mentioned before, I have been making most of Sofie and Jackson's baby food. I always buy organic when it's available, and I feel really good about the wholesome variety of foods that they are eating. They are such good eaters and I am amazed at some of the things that they will eat, including things like cauliflower, avocado, and asparagus. I got a baby food cooker that steams and purees the food all in one. It sure makes for an easy clean up. I have found that veggies are by far the easiest. Some fruits can be a little more time consuming because they are steamed with the skin on, and then I have to remove the fruit from the skin which takes extra time. For now, we are just feeding the babies fruits, veggies, and grains. I will probably introduce protein in the next month or so. Here are a few pics of the process:


Sliced pears are steamed in the steamer basket.
Fruit is kind of a pain because you then have to remove the fruit from the skin. I remove the steamer basket and put the fruit back into the chopper and puree it. Sometimes I'm a rebel and I just buy jarred organic fruit... haha :)

I freeze food in the clear plastic containers shown up top. Then, I just place them in the fridge to thaw and can feed the babies straight out of the same container.
This is what's left to clean up.
In the freezer!
I added this just for kicks. Anyone that knows me well knows that I have been making my own granola for several years now... so good and so healthy! I make one or two batches a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment