Here's the latest...
Sofie:
-Gets around everywhere by rolling.
-Her new favorite sound is dadadadadadada. Of course, this melts dada's heart! We get a few mamama's every now and then.
-Just had her first tooth reach the surface a few days ago!
-Is still our champion sleeper! I can almost always count on her to take a really good nap when it's nap time. If Jackson is fussing or wakes up early, she can put herself right back to sleep (which I love!).
Jackson:
-Often gets up on hands and knees and rocks. He's not crawling yet, but he is trying hard!
-Just in the last few days, he has started to try to pull himself up to standing. He was successful in doing this when he was sitting in the laundry basket today.
-His 2 bottom teeth came in a few weeks ago. So cute!
-We have nicknamed him No Nap Jack! Napping has been a challenge with him this past month. He frequently wakes up 30 or 40 minutes into a nap and is WIDE awake (he cannot put himself back to sleep very well like Sofie can). We are trying a lot of different stuff to see if we can make this any better, but we have figured out that he just doesn't need as much sleep as Sofie does.
Both babies are still doing really well with eating their solids. We've been experimenting with lots of new foods (just fruits, veggies, and grains for now) and I am still making most of their pureed food myself. Both babies also had their first "illness." It was just a summer cold, so it wasn't too bad. Both were very congested and Sofie ran a fever for about 24 hours. It really wasn't a big deal and they fought it off pretty quickly, but of COURSE this had to start the day that Brian left town for 12 days. Luckily, my mom came shortly after that and visited us for about a week. We loved having her here! I will post pictures from her visit in a future post.
I have also been meaning to post videos for months now, but we have SOOOOO many videos of the kids we need to sort through and edit. Our current computer just isn't able to process all the HD vidoes very quickly. I think we are going to join the bandwagon and get a Mac next month, so hopefully we will have better luck with our videos and I will FINALLY be able to post some!
Here are some pics of the babies from this last month:
![]() |
| Sofie sits up on her own much better now. |
![]() |
| I can place them on opposite ends of their play area, but they usually seem to find each other! |
![]() |
| Sofie still LOVES that play mat. |
![]() |
![]() |
| always smiling :) |
![]() |
| happy girl |
![]() |
| Jackson is trying to get Sofie's feet to play with. |
![]() |
They love to play with all the pillows and Boppies.![]() |
![]() |
| A rare family photo! |
![]() |
| I think Jackson has taught Sofie how to tear apart the foam pad on our living room floor. |
![]() |
| Standing up all by himself! |
![]() |
| He is so determined to crawl... almost there. |













No comments:
Post a Comment