Sunday, July 3, 2011

16 Months

Yep, we've reached another month milestone. Well, I guess they really aren't considered milestones anymore, but the kiddos are changing so much everyday that I want to make sure I take the time to write about what they're up to each month because otherwise there's no way I'll be able to look back and remember it all.

Let's see... Jackson. He is funny, independent, and playful. The first thing he says most mornings is "Dada." The boy loves his daddy soooo much. If he gets hurt or is cranky, there is usually a "dada" in between fusses. He loves his new lawn mower, still loves to look at books, and enjoys pushing his cars and bus around. He is still a good eater and sleeper. Jackson has a new obsession with lights. He likes to walk around and point to every light and say "light" over and over until I turn the light on. Baby Einstein videos are a huge hit with him. I usually play one for the kids several times a week. He is very attentive and likes to repeat a lot of the words. Speaking of words, I could go on and on with all of his new words. Some new recent ones are car, driver, cup, arm, toot, pee-pee (yes, we have a boy on our hands!), clock, bus, bee, trash can, garage door, and some animal sounds. He is so fun and playful and is always making us laugh!

 Sofie is still as sweet as can be and loves to keep tabs on her mommy. We recently had some bloodwork done which told us she is very sensitive to soy. So now no dairy OR soy for her. Since taking her off of soy, she has really been a different kid this past week... She is SO much happier and constantly laughing, squealing, and grinning. I am so thankful that we had these tests done. We just have the gluten sensitivity test left because there was not enough blood taken during the last blood draw. I'm dreading having her blood drawn again... NOT a fun thing for a baby (or her mom!) to have to go through :( She is also getting tubes next week. Sofie is really into baby dolls and strollers. She loves her new mini stroller we got her that's just her size. She also enjoys "feeding" her baby doll and stuffed animals both with a spoon and bottle. Tonight at a friend's house I couldn't find her, but then found her in a bedroom feeding Minnie Mouse a bottle. So sweet! She continues to be a good sleeper, and we are making small steps in the right direction with eating. Her recent new words that she's added to her vocabulary: NO, baby and lawnmower (pronounced mon-mawa). She's very good at using sign language, especially more, all done, and please.

These two precious babies really keep us busy, but it's a ton of fun!! This summer we are especially looking forward to visits from both grandmas and a trip to KC :)

Sofie getting her baby all situated in the high chair.

They love playing with boxes!

Feeding Elmo with a bowl and spoon :)

Sofie pushing her baby doll around in her new stroller.

Jackson sitting on his new lawn mower.

He enjoys the stroller, too!

They both LOVE to sit on the couch. They recently figured out how to climb up here. I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon!

Even though he's a high-energy boy, Jackson definitely still has a soft, sweet side to him. He loves snuggling with his stuffed animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment