We were lucky to have Nana York here for the past two weeks, and Papa was able to join her during her last week here. Sofie and Jackson grew pretty attached to them while they were here and we were sad to see them go. While my mom was here, Jackson's favorite word without a doubt was "Nana." Brian and I were able to sneak away to Amelia Island for an overnight trip while Nana and Papa stayed at our house with Sofie and Jackson. It was my first time being away from them for more than 4 hours. I survived! I thought about them a lot, but the rest and relaxation was amazing! Unfortunately, Sofie was sick for a good portion of the time that my dad was here, so we spent a lot of time hanging out at home. She got the most awful diaper rash I've ever seen... poor baby! She also had a fever off and on for over four days with a lot of nasal and chest congestion. I think she's on the mend now, but she's been pretty miserable this past week. I think Jackson has a virus, too, although his disposition is completely normal... for now, at least. Here are some pics of Easter and my parent's visit...
 |
| Papa York reading Jackson a bedtime story... Jack's recent favorite is "Where the Wild Things Are." He is obsessed with this book. He calls it "Wa Wa Wa." |
 |
| Jackson and Sofie with Papa and Nana |
 |
| family photo |
 |
| Checking out their Easter baskets. |
 |
| Happy Easter! |
 |
| The Easter Bunny was at brunch... the kids weren't scared of him at all. Sofie started waving at him when she saw the bunny across the room. |
 |
| Jackson checks the bunny out, too. |
 |
| Looking at the pretty Spring flowers. |
 |
| Walking and waving... Sofie loves to wave at people! |
 |
| I didn't manage to get any pics of Brian and I at Amelia Island, but here is where we stayed. For anyone who qualifies for military or government rates on rooms, I highly recommend the Ritz Carlton... it's gorgeous and their room rates were unbelievable. |
 |
| Sofie getting cozy with her Nana. |
|
|
|
 |
| Sofie and Jackson at an egg hunt put on by our twins group. They liked this bunny, too! |
It always looks so nice and sunny over there- so jealous! I love Sofie's easter dress!
ReplyDeleteSunny, yes.... but HOT! Too hot :)
ReplyDelete