I was going to title this post "8 months old," but then I realized that the babies will be 9 months in a week and a half. While we were in Texas at the beginning of the month, they turned 8 months. As always, they have changed SO much over the last month or so. Both Sofie and Jackson are army crawling pretty much anywhere they want to go. Jackson pulls himself up on anything and everything. In fact, he even tries to balance on Sofie and use her to pull himself up! Sofie sees Jackson pulling up and she also wants to be able to pull herself to standing so badly. You can just see and hear her frustration as she tries to mimic him. I have to help her stand up and sit back down, which of course she loves. She'll get there, but in the mean time she seems to really have her eye on Jackson.
It is so fun to watch them interact. When I am in the room they often stay pretty focused on me and what I'm doing, but one of my favorite things to do is leave the room, then sneak back up and watch them when they don't know I'm there. They totally gravitate to each other, do some of their twin babble, and pass toys back and forth (or at least it appears as if they are passing them... they are really just taking them from each other!). Jackson seems to be the "dominant" twin right now in terms of being more physical. He likes to snatch things from Sofie (although she is starting to stick up for herself a little more) and just in the last few days I've noticed that if he has a toy he doesn't want her to get, he moves it to his opposite side so she can't get to it. Sneaky little guy!
I joined a local gym this month and have started to ease back in to working out. I felt like a kid in a candy store on my first day! I've especially enjoyed getting back in to yoga. I was really nervous about leaving the babies in the child care room. I don't really know why because I was probably about 50 feet away from them the entire time, and as it turns out they have done really well with the separation. Yay!
As of this weekend, Sofie and Jackson will be proud new owners of their OWN rooms! We are going to do some shuffling around in our house to give them each their own room. Thank goodness we have some room to work with in this house! I'm tired of them waking each other up from naps and in the wee hours of the morning. In the mornings they used to wake up very early, talk to themselves for a while, then fall back asleep. Now they make one little peep and both of them are up and curious about the other. Not to mention that Jackson stands in the corner of his crib closest to Sofie's and babbles away as if he's trying to get her attention. Also, Jackson usually doesn't go down for us as well as Sofie does, and sometimes he just needs to cry for a little bit. Unfortunately, sometimes this wakes up Sofie who is tired and has just fallen asleep. Then we have 2 tired, screaming babies who are just feeding off of each other's crying and making it worse. I am SO done with that!! I can't wait to let them each have their peace and quiet in their separate rooms :)
Here are some of my favorite pics from this past month:
 |
| They are both still in love with Boo. |
 |
| Jackson crawling right over Sofie. He's after a book. He loves to just sit there and turn the pages of books. |
 |
| We recently started finger foods... we're just doing Puffs and baby teether crackers for now. |
 |
| Sofie eating a Puff. |
 |
| Jackson playing in a Huggies box. |
 |
| Sofie showing off her pearly whites! |
 |
| The other day I ran to the kitchen to get some water, came back and panicked a little because I couldn't find Jackson. He was hiding under his exersaucer. Of course, you can see Sofie in the background, trying to follow him. |
 |
| Sofie on the go... probably trying to chase Jackson. |
 |
| I think it kind of looks like Sofie is in the middle of a temper tantrum here, but this is one of her many funky sleeping positions. She tosses and turns all night and sometimes we find her in what appears to be some VERY uncomfortable positions. |
 |
| Jackson on the go. |
 |
| Sweet little Sofie in the playroom. |
 |
| I think Jackson wants to join in. |
 |
| A typical diaper change these days! Every time we change either baby's diaper or clothes, it's like an all-out wrestling match. |
 |
| Down for the count! |
 |
| Mr. Sleepyhead just after waking from a nap. |
No comments:
Post a Comment