Saturday, April 10, 2010

One Month Old!!!

It's been a while since I've updated the blog. Things have been hectic to say the least! The twins keep us very busy, but very happy.

It's hard to believe that Sofie and Jackson had their one month birthday last week! They are becoming more alert and more aware of each other. They often wake to each other's cries and sounds. We recently discovered that one of their favorite things is to snuggle up very close to each other... Usually, this instantly soothes Jackson when he is fussy and both twins quickly fall asleep. It's amazing to watch (see pic below)! Both babies LOVE to eat and they are both going about 6 hours between feedings at night right now. Brian and I are loving that :)

It is amazing how different Jackson and Sofie are. Sofie is pretty laid back and goes to sleep quickly. Jackson is more intense and loves to be held. He doesn't sleep as much as Sofie during the day, but thankfully he's sleeping well at night! We are still trying to work out some of his reflux issues, too. It's one big puzzle and we are trying different remedies. He is staring on Zantac today, and we sure hope it makes the poor little guy more comfortable.

At this week's doctor's appointment Jackson weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces (10th percentile) and Sofie weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces (5th percentile). Considering that Jackson was in the 5th percentile when he was born and Sofie was in the zero percentile when she was born, they are definitely making progress!

Brian and I (and Sofie and Jackson!) have been so lucky to have at least one of our moms here since birth. Each has stayed about 3 1/2 weeks. Brian's mom left today, but thankfully Brian is taking this next week off to be at home with me, and then my mom is coming back for another 3 weeks. I feel so fortunate to have all the help... it's been AWESOME!!!!

I have probably taken over 500 pictures since the babies have been born, but here are a few of my favorites from the past few weeks:

 Sofie stretching

Jackson & daddy


Sofie


Papa York meets the twins


clowning around


tired boy


sleeping with an arm up again


 Jackson's tummy time

meeting baby Joey - look at that size difference!

Grandma Jindra brought one of Brian's baby outfits for Jackson to test out.

sweet Sofie

Jackson trying to suck on Sofie's arm.... he loves to eat & will suck on anything in sight. Sofie clearly doesn't like this!

our first walk

butt shot!

Happy Easter! (Jackson is starting to go bald!!)

family pic

 Grandma Jindra & babies

 watching Boo

The Dudleys visit from Hawaii

Twin time! Both of them were fussy before I put them together. They were instantly soothed and quickly asleep.

More brother/sister time.... Again, they were calm and sleepy within a few minutes. Jackson likes to hug his sister!

Jackson likes to throw his arm over Sofie when we put them together... I think he enjoyed hugging his sis long before they were born!!!

2 comments:

  1. Love the update and all of the pics.....I thought the "butt shot" pic was extra cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the updates...keep em coming. I love the butt shots or tiny hiny's as I call em...still have a tiny hiny shot of Garrett in a "santa's helper" outfit in front of the tree up in our house, can't bear to take it down they are so so cute...and tiny.. :)love the babies...take care

    ReplyDelete