Thursday, April 29, 2010

2 months old

This weekend Jackson and Sofie will be 2 months old! These last 8 weeks have been one big blur. I'm not sure where the time has gone. The twins continue to grow and change every day. Feedings don't take as much time as they used to and the babies are going anywhere from 5-7 hours between feedings at night. I am starting to feel more rested as I'm able to get a longer stretch of sleep at night.

Sofie and Jackson's favorite thing this last month has without a doubt been their play mat. They LOVE to lay on their backs on the mat, look at their toys, and kick and squeal. Many of our pictures the last few weeks have been taken on this mat. Other things topping the list of "favorites" for the babies: their swings, sitting in their bouncy seats out on the lanai, morning walks in the stroller, pacifiers, and of course eating! Sofie is smiling a ton, and Jackson is starting to crack some smiles, too.

Sofie and Jackson got to visit my school this week to meet my 5th graders and my co-workers. They were a little startled by all the people, but it was good to get them out and exposed to bigger crowds. Jackson did not appreciate waking up from his nap to be surrounded by twnety 5th graders staring at him! I wish I had a picture of his face! It is going to be bittersweet packing up my classroom this Spring, but I am so happy with my decision to stay at home with the babies for a while.

I have some cute videos that I am dying to post. However, we are still messing with the software that goes with our new video camera, so I'm not able to post them yet... hopefully soon! Here are some pics from the last few weeks:

 another snuggle pic!
 
 kicking around on the playmat

 Sofie smiling :)

Jackson all passed out after feeding

The babies get one bottle each day, usually before bed. Brian usually does this feeding by himself so I can have some time to myself.

I found Boo like this one evening... clearly he thinks the Boppy pillows are for him!


Sofie all zonked out!

butt shot

happy babies!


Sofie wore herself out on her play mat.

Trying out our new sling... it was a tight fit!

sitting up in the rocker

watching Baby Einstein together

Jackson enjoying some time outdoors

Sofie like to be outside, too.

Just chillin'


Jackson passed out on his play mat, too!

2 comments:

  1. julie and Brian- your babies are so freakin cute! I love all these pictures - thanks for posting! Sofie really looks like you, Julie! Especially in that pic that says "sofie likes to be outside too" - she is you in that pic!

    They look so happy and alert- isn't it amazing how fast that happens?

    Sam and Ben loved the mat too- now that they are bigger only one can fit on it at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pics Julie....I love the close up ones where I can get a good look at their sweet little faces!

    ReplyDelete