OK, so it's October and I'm just now getting back to updating our blog from the summer. Many of you know that this past summer was a very busy summer for us with lots of changes. First off, Brian was overseas for most of the summer (he returned home in September). He missed the kids terribly, and they made mention of daddy all day long while he was away. It was so bittersweet to see how much they all missed each other. At least we had Skype… It was our best friend!
I’m not gonna lie… being a ‘single’ parent to 1.5 year old toddlers was not easy. It was challenging at times, not to mention exhausting. But without a doubt it’s still the greatest, most rewarding and enjoyable job I’ve ever had… even having to do it on my own! OK, so I really wasn't completely on my own this summer. I was lucky enough to have my amazing mom and mother-in-law who each came to visit and help out.
My mom was here for a few weeks in July. During that time, little Miss Sofie finally got her tubes put in her ears! Yay! She did awesome with her surgery. Her ears have been clear and fluid free since getting the tubes! She’s even had two colds since then and her ears were perfectly clear.
My mom also flew back to Kansas City with us so we could visit some our friends and my family. Plane trips by myself with the kids are simply not even an option for me at this point… it’ll be a long time before we are brave enough to attempt that! The kids were great travelers and although they didn’t nap and sleep quite as well as they do at home, they set a new record for how well they slept on this trip. Such a HUGE improvement from our past several trips!
My mom also flew back to Kansas City with us so we could visit some our friends and my family. Plane trips by myself with the kids are simply not even an option for me at this point… it’ll be a long time before we are brave enough to attempt that! The kids were great travelers and although they didn’t nap and sleep quite as well as they do at home, they set a new record for how well they slept on this trip. Such a HUGE improvement from our past several trips!
Brian’s mom came to visit for a few weeks in August. Thank goodness she came when she did. She was here with us just as things started to really get busy for me... I had a solo trip planned and was starting my new job. I went to San Diego for a long weekend for my good friend Kim's wedding. I missed the kids so much while I was gone (the longest I'd been away from them), but had an awesome time at a beautiful wedding with wonderful friends. Also, this school year I’m job-sharing, and I’m back to work teaching two days a week at my old school. So far, so good! It’s allowed me to creep back into the working world, while still allowing me to be home with the twins the majority of the time.
Here are some pics highlighting our summer. I really narrowed it down, but there are still a lot :) I guess that's what I get for not keeping up with posting pictures.
Happy 4th of July! This was on our way to our neighborhood parade. They were not happy to be stopped and getting their picture taken!
Jackson doing one of his favorite activities, sitting in his rocking chair and reading.
Silly boy
Best buds!
Sofie making sure that her baby goes potty.
Sofie getting hugs and kisses from her friend, Joey.
I had to take this picture of Jackson sleeping... feet propped up and legs crossed.
Not sure where they learned this trick!
Sofie dancing to some music.
Coloring
Sofie trying to feed Jackson...
Chowing on spaghetti... one of their favorites (we normally use smaller forks, but they insisted on eating with big forks on this particular night).
Sofie found her "baby" sunglasses and insists on wearing them often, even though they don't really fit her anymore.
This is at my sister's house in Kansas City with my nephews and my friends, Kari and Camille, and their girls. I never got my camera out when we visited some of our other friends :(
An attempt to get a picture of all the cousins. My kids do not like to sit still for pictures. Can you tell?
Having fun with Uncle Darin.
Nana and Papa with all their grandkids.
At cousin Grant's pool party for his 8th birthday. I didn't manage to get any pics of the birthday boy... maybe because I was busy chasing 2 litte munchkins who would run straight into the big pool if they could!
Hanging in the baby pool with cousin Brody.
Angie and I with the little kids.
Back home in FL. I took them to an indoor play place and they liked playing on the computers more than any of the toys.
At their Little Gym class. They LOVE it. Both are signing "more" in the picture. They do that a lot after an acitivity has ended.
Swinging at the park...
Sofie sleeping with her legs propped up and crossed!
In San Diego for Kim and Bill's wedding. What a beautiful bride!
Happy 4th of July! This was on our way to our neighborhood parade. They were not happy to be stopped and getting their picture taken!
Jackson doing one of his favorite activities, sitting in his rocking chair and reading.
Silly boy
Best buds!
Sofie making sure that her baby goes potty.
Sofie getting hugs and kisses from her friend, Joey.
I had to take this picture of Jackson sleeping... feet propped up and legs crossed.
Not sure where they learned this trick!
Sofie dancing to some music.
Coloring
Sofie trying to feed Jackson...
Chowing on spaghetti... one of their favorites (we normally use smaller forks, but they insisted on eating with big forks on this particular night).
Sofie found her "baby" sunglasses and insists on wearing them often, even though they don't really fit her anymore.
This is at my sister's house in Kansas City with my nephews and my friends, Kari and Camille, and their girls. I never got my camera out when we visited some of our other friends :(
An attempt to get a picture of all the cousins. My kids do not like to sit still for pictures. Can you tell?
Having fun with Uncle Darin.
Nana and Papa with all their grandkids.
At cousin Grant's pool party for his 8th birthday. I didn't manage to get any pics of the birthday boy... maybe because I was busy chasing 2 litte munchkins who would run straight into the big pool if they could!
Hanging in the baby pool with cousin Brody.
Angie and I with the little kids.
Back home in FL. I took them to an indoor play place and they liked playing on the computers more than any of the toys.
At their Little Gym class. They LOVE it. Both are signing "more" in the picture. They do that a lot after an acitivity has ended.
Swinging at the park...
Sofie sleeping with her legs propped up and crossed!
In San Diego for Kim and Bill's wedding. What a beautiful bride!


No comments:
Post a Comment