Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Mall

I really don't care much for shopping malls. On the rare occasion that I do visit a mall, I hardly ever bring the kids. Sofie and Jackson had not been there since they were one, so they don't remember "the mall." Brian hates shopping, and hates shopping malls even more... So I guess it's a big deal when all four of us go to the mall at the same time! Blog worthy? Probably not, but what else should I be doing 6 nights before our packers come to move us halfway across the country? Why, writing a blog post about a trip to the mall, of course! Talk about procrastination.

Anyways, the other day Brian needed a few things that required him to actually go shopping and try stuff on (he avoids this at all costs). He wanted my opinion, so we all headed to the dreaded mall after naps. My poor mall-deprived children thought that "the mall" was the most wonderful thing. They got to ride the train and play in the play area (gross), but other than that, they were in their stroller or in a chair at the restaurant where we ate. We didn't buy them anything. And they are still talking about it! I guess we need to get out more!

So... There's the background on our little outing to the mall, and below is Jackson at the play area... There were letters and numbers on the carpet and he spent just as much time down on the ground yelling out all the numbers and letters as he did playing on the structures. This little boy gets so excited about his abc's and 123's. It blows my mind. Oh, and his most recent accomplishment is that he can now count to 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment