So my original plan was to have Sofie be a ladybug for Halloween and Jackson be a bumble bee. I got their costumes a while ago, and when we tried them on, Sofie had a meltdown because she wanted to wear a bee costume like Jackson. I tried to really pump up the ladybug for a while, but she would just say "Bee!" any time we'd talk about ladybugs while reading a book or in conversation. So I caved and exchanged the adorable little ladybug costume for this girly little bee costume. I thought I had a few more years to dress these kids up however I wished... Wrong!
I was working on Halloween, so the kids paid me a visit at school and got to watch our Halloween parade. Then, they got to color, look at books, and play on the wooden bus in our library. They always hate to leave! That evening, we cruised a few blocks of our neighborhood with the wagon and they seemed to enjoy putting candy in other kids' trick or treat bags. They really don't understand what's going on with Halloween, but they sure do know how to point and tell me where all the ghosts and pumpkins are! If you ask them what they were for Halloween, they'll say "Bee!"
They were so adorable and I just can't get enough of my two precious little bees!
Jackson wouldn't wear his hood with his antennae, but he was still adorable!
Sofie LOVED her bee costume. Whenever she had to take it off, she would throw a fit!







No comments:
Post a Comment